SurFebruary 2022 (the ‘Challenge’) is an initiative of The SurFebruary Foundation to raise funds to support cancer research. By registering for the Challenge, the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18 years, acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- The Challenge commences on 1st February 2022 and ends on 28th February 2022.
- Fundraising will close on March 7th 2022 and all donations must be submitted by this date.
- The decision to participate in the Challenge is entirely your own and you take full responsibility for any consequence of your participation in the Challenge for yourself and/or your participants.
- Any content you post to the website (e.g. photos and text) is your responsibility, and you must have the necessary rights to post that content (including the consent of others who feature in the content). The SurFebruary Foundation retains the right to delete any content posted.
- You acknowledge that The SurFebruary Foundation reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Challenge at any time. Any amendment will be effective immediately. Accordingly, you should access and read the Terms and Conditions available on our website (www.surfebruary.com) from time to time.
- You acknowledge that by registering for the Challenge, you pledge to raise funds for The SurFebruary Foundation. The SurFebruary Foundation (ABN 91 573 033 648) is a Tax Concession Charity (TCC) with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status registered under the Australian Tax Office. All donations made directly to The SurFebruary Foundation over $2 are eligible for a tax-deductible receipt. Everyone who donates to the Challenge online through the fundraising profiles is automatically issued with a tax-deductible receipt.
- All fundraising conducted for this Challenge comes under The SurFebruary Foundation’s authority to fundraise and you agree to be bound by the relevant state and national fundraising legislation.
- The SurFebruary Foundation can refund a donation made in error. If you wish to request a refund, please contact email@example.com
- The SurFebruary Foundation respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects.
- The SurFebruary Foundation will collect your personal information and any other information you may volunteer so that we can: administer and conduct the Challenge; and keep you informed about The SurFebruary Foundation, its fundraising activities and the important work you are supporting.
- The SurFebruary Foundation may use your image, name and challenge result in any promotion relating to this Challenge, including in the leader boards and/or on the Challenge website.
- You must be registered to the Challenge to be eligible for any prizes.
- The first 250 participants to register for the Challenge receive an Early Bird pack of one limited edition rash shirt, one hat, one sticker, one bar of surf wax, one tube of sunscreen and one lip balm (limited to the first 250 who complete their registration and create their fundraising profile and provide a valid postage address).
- You must reach specified fundraising milestones to be eligible to receive these prizes:
- Raise $250 – receive one FCS leash and one FCS backpack (limited to the first 50 who reach this milestone and provide a valid postage address).
- Raise $750 – receive one McTavish board sock cover and one copy of Bob McTavish’s book (limited to the first 50 who reach this milestone and provide a valid postage address).
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other products.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The SurFebruary Foundation accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
- Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- The SurFebruary Foundation takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- The promoter is The SurFebruary Foundation of 66A Hume Road, Cronulla NSW 2230 (ABN 91 573 033 648).
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, The SurFebruary Foundation (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Challenge.
- The SurFebruary Foundation assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries for prizes, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this Challenge or the prizes are not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of The SurFebruary Foundation which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Challenge and it’s prize components, The SurFebruary Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
AUTHORITY TO FUNDRAISE:
Agreement to these terms and conditions gives the registered SurFebruary 2022 participant authority to fundraise for the following fundraising event:
Event: SurFebruary 2022
Date of Event: 1 – 28 February 2022
Dates of fundraising authority: As above
Thank you for having a go and helping change the lives of those affected by cancer.
The funds and awareness you raise are vital.
Thank you again for making a difference.