How does The SurFebruary Foundation protect your privacy?
The SurFebruary Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information that you provide to us. We value transparency and we want you to be 100% clear on why we ask you for personal information and what we’ll do with it. This Policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information in connection with our activities. It describes how you can have confidence that, when dealing with us, your personal information will be treated lawfully and respectfully. By accessing the SurFebruary website or otherwise providing your personal information to The SurFebruary Foundation, you indicate your acceptance of this Policy (as amended from time to time).
What Information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on the nature of your interaction(s) with us. However, we’ll only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it’s being collected (e.g. to process a donation, set you up your fundraising profile). Below are some examples of the information we may collect about you:
A participant or donor:
- Contact details (e.g. name, image, age, date of birth, address, postcode, phone number, email address)
- The amount you’ve raised/donated
- Information you’ve provided if you’ve contacted us with a question, complaint or enquiry
A visitor to our website:
- Information about the computer equipment and the version of operating system you’re using
- The settings of the device you use to visit our Websites
Credit card data:
If you purchase products from us or make a donation to us, you may provide us with credit card details and other information which will allow us to process the transaction. Please note that The SurFebruary Foundation does not store credit card information.
How do we collect personal information?
Directly from you – wherever possible, we will collect personal information from you directly. This can include, but is not limited to, online registration forms, online donation forms, email correspondence and social media. You might provide personal information to The SurFebruary Foundation for a variety of reasons, including to:
- Receive information about or to participate in SurFebruary
- Receive information about the outcomes of the funds we’ve raised
- Purchase SurFebruary products or merchandise
- To create a fundraising profile
- Donate funds to us
- Provide us with your SurFebruary ‘motivation’ or a personal story
- Submit an inquiry or chat to us via our social media accounts
Via social media:
If you register for or log in to a SurFebruary profile using your Facebook account, we’ll collect the personal information from Facebook that we need to complete the registration or login. However, we will only collect the personal information that you’ve permitted Facebook to share with us. That information may include your name and email address and, depending on your privacy settings, additional details about you. Please review the privacy controls you’ve set on your Facebook account, so that you have control over how much information you want shared with us.
Via cookie on our website:
We may collect, log and process data about your use of our websites. We do this in order to allow our websites to function properly, collect anonymous website traffic data, and to provide you with the best possible user experience.
How do we use your personal information?
We make every effort to tell you what we’ll do with the personal information you provide us, at the time you provide it. For general information, here’s a list of common ways we may use your personal information:
- To provide you with prizes or merchandise
- To provide you with information or other communications about The SurFebruary Foundation
- To involve you in promotions, future campaigns and other initiatives undertaken by The SurFebruary Foundation
- To include your image, name and details on your fundraising profile if you register as a participant
- To include your name, comments and amount of donation on fundraising profiles if you make a donation
- To enter you into automatic prize draws if you’re a participant, and meet the relevant prize draw criteria
- To provide you with details of how we spend the funds raised by The SurFebruary Foundation
- To analyse statistics in relation to The SurFebruary Foundation community
How do we protect your personal information?
The SurFebruary Foundation takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored and maintained in a secure cloud-based environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel.
With whom might we share your information?
The SurFebruary Foundation will not use or disclose your personal information, except in accordance with this Policy, unless you have consented to the use or disclosure, or where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health, to investigate any suspected unlawful activity or where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law. We will never sell your personal information to other parties. We may share your information with third parties who process data on our behalf, but only where we place obligations on them in relation to the security of the data and require them to use the data only as we instruct. We may disclose your personal information to social media platforms (including without limitation Facebook), so that the social media platforms may send you advertisements about future SurFebruary events and initiatives, and for analytics purposes. If we send your details to Facebook they will be hashed before they are sent, and Facebook briefly uses the data for matching purposes only before deleting it. For more information, please refer to Facebook’s website. If you wish to opt out of having your details provided to Facebook or other social media platforms, please contact us via email to email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our Websites contain links to other external websites. We do not have any responsibility for the privacy practices of other external websites linked to our website. We recommend and encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites or service providers to familiarise yourself with their privacy practices.
Will we send you marketing communications?
If you’ve agreed to receive communications from The SurFebruary Foundation, we may use your personal information to send you emails (including marketing emails) about the The SurFebruary Foundation and its campaigns, charitable activities and the outcomes achieved with the funds raised.
How do I unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications?
You’ll be provided with an opportunity in each communication to decline to receive further communications from The SurFebruary Foundation.